When you inquire about having a knife custom made or having embellishment work done I base my quotes on the difficulty of the job and the materials that will be used. I do not charge a premium on materials from my suppliers. I will begin work as soon as possible. After the job is complete I will contact you and inform you that the knife is finished, and then you can send the remainder of the payment. I welcome full payment up front so I can ship the knife immediately after it is finished without hesitation. I only accept payment by postal money order, or cash. The price I quote you will include materials, labor, and return shipping by the same method used to ship it to me. I prefer not to work on moden liner locks, frame locks, or other "tacticals".
I work in most any handle material you want, bone, wood, stag, horn, ivory, synthetics, reconstituted stones, micartas, ect. I do NOT work with G10, or Mother of pearl.
What I do:
- restore, professionally clean and repair knives both fixed and folding
- filework backsprings,liners and occasionally blades
- rehandle fixed and folding knives in a wide variety of natural and manmade materials such as reconstituted stone, wood, horn, ivory, micarta, jeancarta, abalone, ECT
- reinstall shield in the new handles.
- Full custom one of a kind rehandles on factory produced knives with designs and themes
- make fixed blade knives to your specs on my approval
- alter existing models to fit your needs
- special order handle material if I do not have it in stock
- brush, hand rub, or mirror polish blades on request
- gun blue blades on request.
What I do Not Do:
- re-pin reconstituted stone
- sell custom fixed blades as kits or otherwise unfinished
- make knives from stainless steel
- re pin scales on lockblades (buck 110, buck 112, schrade lb7 schrade lb8 ect) unless requested
- use G10 or G11 handle material
- use mother of pearl (I am allerigc to the dust)
- sandblast or bead blast any of my blades.